Who We Are
We are an industry-leading learning and development entity, proud to have built a reputation as one of the best providers of leadership, change management and commercial upskilling for organisations around the world.
Our clients typically have an extensive number of employees, with the majority having a global footprint. We work with all kinds of industries across the private, public and third sectors, and help them navigate the fast-changing commercial landscape.
What We Do
We transform businesses using a range of innovative delivery methods that enable us to engage with people’s head, heart and hands. Through this holistic approach, we create effective outcomes with enduring results.
An Alchemist learning experience includes ‘traditional’ learning; experiential methodology (actor-led scenarios); and / or truly immersive simulations. It is this ability to bring together learning design using the ordinary and the extraordinary that allows us to truly stand out from the crowd.
We take the view that companies trust us to help them succeed and provide the necessary skills due to our proven track record; our cutting-edge methodology; and our commitment to delivering real results.
You can find out more about us by checking out our YouTube video at the following link – https://youtu.be/LSJA_4blK80.
What We’re Looking For
You will be highly competent in working autonomously and with responsibility, reporting into and being mentored by our Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and managing the Finance Team (currently consisting of a Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, and a part-time Purchase Ledger Assistant).
Together with the CFO, you will work closely with other senior members of the business); our accountants and tax advisers in the UK and Dubai; Banking relationships, and UK payroll providers.
As we’re sure you can probably now sense, this position will allow the successful individual to develop / continue to develop their ‘Growth Mindset’ with a rapidly scaling start-up. However, for completeness, take a look at what will be your key accountabilities and responsibilities in the role:
- Ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of all our financial transactions, including:
- Overseeing the raising of precise and timely sales invoices, and ensuring Majic (our Project Management system) reconciles to Xero (our Finance system).
- Assessing project profitability reports and querying anomalies.
- Overseeing the processing of supplier invoices and expenses, and coding to relevant cost centre, cost type and project code.
- Ensuring timely and accurate payment of our suppliers.
- Scrutinising expenditure via Spendesk (our expenses management system).
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Managing the Fixed Asset budget.
- Providing payroll information to the external bureau, and checking reports.
- Ensuring compliance with VAT & PAYE / NI legislation.
- Engagement with pricing.
- Reporting financial information in a meaningful and timely manner, including:
- Producing monthly management accounts and KPIs; fortnightly sales reports; quarterly re-forecasts of revenue and costs; and cash forecasts (as required).
- Working with our Accountants to prepare statutory accounts and tax computations (UK and Dubai).
- Reporting to our Investors.
- Reporting of information from Hubspot (our CRM System) and Majic.
- Managing the budget model and forecasting process, including investigating variances.
- Working with the Operations Teams to review and improve working practices and processes to allow the teams to be more efficient, and to ensure the data in Majic is accurate and up to date.
- Being involved with the automation of processes by better using both existing and new technology solutions.
- Providing other financial assistance required, such as managing R&D tax claims; P11D reporting; producing ad-hoc analysis and reports.
What You’ll Need
- Newly-qualified or recently qualified in a Professional Accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- At least 2 years broad work experience covering most of the responsibilities mentioned above.
- Previous experience in working with senior management, showing the ability to influence.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, with demonstrable organisational skills and effectively using information.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task, comfortably operating individually and collaboratively with the immediate team and wider organisation.
- Demonstrable evidence of team leadership, willing to help others grow and learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written English.
- A natural self-starter, with evident drive and motivation.
- Prior use of Xero (our current Finance system).
- Prior use of Hubspot (our current CRM system)
What You’ll Get From Us
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Be part of a team helping to deliver immersive learning experiences and challenging the status quo in the industry.
- Have ownership of your work and opportunity to enjoy the impact you create.
- Work alongside exceptional and lovely people.
- Engage in interesting and challenging work, and have the opportunity to make the role your own.
- Play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing, funded scale-up.
- Work in an environment that is extremely supportive for anyone who’s keen to learn and improve.
- Have the freedom to further your skill set, and a personal development plan created with you.
Our Focus On Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are focused on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, and want this to be our strength. We are actively working towards Alchemist being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to our work, the better. We warmly welcome applications from all marginalised groups, communities and backgrounds.
We want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible to anyone interested in us. If you require a reasonable adjustment or additional support as you apply for this role, please email our Talent Acquisition & HR Partner, Anup Vithlani, at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will contact you to discuss how we can help.