Graphic Designer Role Description
At Alchemist, we deliver blended learning experiences designed to resonate with people, ignite their interest and provide lasting performance development. We transform businesses through people, using our learning elements to engage their head, heart, and hands. Through this holistic approach, we create effective outcomes with enduring results.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our studio team and help us in delivering high-quality design projects. You will liaise with stakeholders from our in-house marketing and client facing teams and across the business to understand and refine briefs received and manage the timings to deliver all activity. Your contribution will add value to the team and our product and service, directly impacting the customer experience.
Existing members of the Alchemist Studio will tell you that one of the best parts of the job is taking ideas and concepts from our clients and colleagues and turning them into a reality. For us, it’s all about understanding what the client wants to achieve and then explore all the possibilities of what can be done to make that happen.
In the team, we are problem solvers and creative thinkers. We’re always looking for new ways to communicate an idea, and we’re never afraid to experiment. Because of this, we’re often able to take an idea that might be somewhat vague or undeveloped and turn it into something that is truly stunning and effective.
So, for this role, we need someone highly creative, with a sharp eye for detail, being led by a Senior Designer to produce high-quality, client-ready work. Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote the Alchemist vision of learning design.
Our team mixes talent from a variety of backgrounds, including eLearning developers, video producers and graphic designers, which gives us a varied skillset that enables us to provide unique, high-quality bespoke learning solutions.
Ideally you will have 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a design studio environment. Knowledge of the Learning and Development industry is beneficial, but not essential.
The team is based in our Central Scotland Hub. We offer flexible working arrangements and fully remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
Who we are:
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE
- Hands-on experience with helping in delivering design requirements
- Hands-on experience with design and image editing software
- Opportunity to be guided and work with professionals in the industry
- Learning how to organise, multitask and manage time
- Help deliver on design requirements
- Understand the design idea and concept
- Create drafts and models for review
- Use the best design methods, applications, software, and techniques to complete projects
- Produce final design solutions (inc. PPTs, posters, flyers, web graphics, interfaces)
- Pitch creative ideas to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with senior designer and design team to produce final product
- Take on specific tasks to support many projects underway
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Minimum two years of experience as a Graphic Designer (any level)
- A good portfolio of past design and creative projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Good command over design techniques and visual elements
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Creative thinking with attention to detail
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
- Knowledge of eLearning development using Articulate 360
- Interest in gamification of learning
- Interest in UX/UI design
- Interest in pursuing 2D/3D development in Unity
- Interest in 3D development/modelling for gamification of learning or VR/AR-based training
LOCATION AND BENEFITS
- Enjoy a competitive salary & benefits package
- Be part of a team helping to deliver engaging and effective learning experiences & challenging the status quo in the industry
- Engage in interesting and challenging work and be able to make the role your own
- Have the freedom to further your skill set, and a personal development plan created with you